The 4th Annual Bike Ride for Amy - June 5, 2011

Hosting an open ride? Looking for ride partners? Want info on where to ride? Post it here!

Moderators: B.L., Keith

B.L.

Postby B.L. » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:27 am

Hello -

My name is Arie and I'm the president of The Amy Foundation for Breast Cancer Prevention (www.theamyfoundation.org). I'm sending you this email to ask you to promote to your cycling group our 4thAnnual Bike Ride for Amy, which takes place on Sunday, June 5.
Ride for Amy logo

The Amy Foundation was founded in 2007 in memory my wife Amy who lost her battle with breastcancer. Our sole purpose is to increase awareness and provide support for the early detection of breast cancer. We accomplish this goal through our partnership with Saint Peter's University Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ. Over the past few years, we have funded the cost of over 1,000 screening mammograms for uninsured and underinsured women through Saint Peter's Charity Care program.

The foundation is run entirely by volunteers, and with the exception of event expenses, we contribute 100% of our fundraising proceeds to support the cost of these screening mammograms. The women who benefit from our foundation are often those who have to choose between medical care and feeding their families. That's why I'm contacting you today.

WE CAN USE YOUR HELP!
We have designed a great bike ride incorporating three different routes for riders of every level of experience. The routes through cheese and Somerset counties include a 25-mile, a 35-mile and a strenuous 50-mile ride. We have a great SAG team, a few giveaways, and a cause that everyone can feel good about. The registration fee is only $25 with a requirement to raise a minimum of $140 total - the cost of one mammogram. Your members can register for the event at http://www.firstgiving.com/42237/Event/amyride2011.

The Amy Foundation has made a positive change in women's lives, and with your help and participation in this ride we can continue to bring hope to women in need.

Please consider including the Bike Ride for Amy in your schedule of rides this year.

Thanks in advance,
Arie Behar
The Amy Feiman Behar Foundation for Cancer Prevention